Gain a Positive Psychology for Life!
We’re excited to introduce our positive psychology course to help you improve the quality of your thoughts, emotions, relationships, career and health so that you can achieve your life goals and live a happier, more fulfilling life.
Our positive psychology course (also known as ‘the science of wellbeing’) will equip you with the knowledge and skills to help you reach new heights in your psychological, emotional and social wellbeing for life.
This first course provides a theoretical and practical framework for learning about positive psychology. Positive psychology is the scientific study of optimal human functioning, discovering and promoting the factors that are evidenced as helping individuals to thrive and improve their wellbeing (emotional, psychological, social and spiritual).
- The focus of positive psychology and its historical background
- The effectiveness, mechanisms and implications of positive psychology
- How positive psychology principles can be applied to your wellbeing in different contexts
- The disease model of human functioning (Traditional Psychology) & its misconceptions
- The health model of human functioning (Positive Psychology)
- Overview of subjective well-being and psychological well-being
- The ‘second wave’ of Positive Psychology
- The sailboat metaphor of human functioning
- See Curriculum Tab for full module and lesson details
What is included in this course?
This course includes:
- 30 hours of course content (self-paced, online)
- Course Handbook (digital) – Comprehensive handbook to help you learn in depth, with extra reading resources.
- Course Workbook (digital), with exercises to practice the ideas in an easy to follow system.
- Presentation slides handout – Over 100 slides offer easy visual reference.
- Learning Videos – Over 10 video presentations with Aisha to help you connect deeper to the learning.
- Discussion board with Aisha and other students
- Certificate of Completion
- FREE Lifetime access to the course material and updates
Participants are awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’. Advance your career by adding this course to your CV and work training skills. Note: these courses do not carry professional accreditation.
Who this course is for?
The course is suited to anyone who seeks a scientific approach to study wellbeing and to gain knowledge to apply positive psychology and wellbeing science principles in the various life domains, such as relationships, family, career, religion, health, etc.
ENROL NOW to start your journey towards a successful life empowered by positive psychology!
More reasons to enrol now!
Finding the time to work on yourself, your growth, improving your life, character, relationship quality, goals, career, health is a huge challenge in our busy lifestyles with heavy demands and pressures!
With our self-paced course:
You’re in control of the timetable – you get to choose when to study, learn & grow
No need to leave home, all you need is internet!
Studies show that self-paced learning can lead to significant improvement in memory performance and knowledge retention, eg. self-paced learners outperform those who spend precisely the same amount of time studying the same course materials
Highly Qualified Teacher , Cynthia Aisha Meguid has 15 yrs + in the personal development industry (including a Masters Degree in Applied Positive Psychology, Melbourne University)
Aisha’s rich teaching experience in the industry offers you a solid commitment to your growth and success.
Enjoy a personal learning experience and opportunity to connect with Aisha – via the student discussion boards and email.
Read more about Aisha here:
There are millions of resources online about how to improve your life. Very few are backed by science and proven to work.
It can be a struggle, choosing what resources or courses or knowledge you need to achieve a better life / your goals.
Instead – with us – you learn the science of wellbeing, from evidence-based research and training that is globally renowned.
Ongoing support – Email/phone support (free) for students. Same day response to any student /lesson enquiries
This will keep your learning experience optimal and going smooth.
Our LMS is an easy to follow online learning system – that has been ranked online as:
- 2nd most popular in Australia in Learning Management System category.
- 2nd most popular on the Entire Internet in Learning Management System category.
- 3rd most popular in the Top 1 Million sites in Learning Management System category.
Enrol now to start your journey towards a successful life empowered by positive psychology!
Introduction to Positive Psychology Course
Module 1: Introduction to Positive Psychology
- Lesson 1 – The Weakness Focus in Psychology & the Disease Model of Human Functioning
- Lesson 2 – Five Misconceptions resulting from the Disease Model
- Lesson 3 – The flip side of the Weakness Focus and Disease Model – Positive Psychology
- Lesson 4 – What is Subjective Well-being and Psychological Well-being?
- Lesson 5 – Defining the Field of Positive Psychology
- Lesson 6 – The Historical Background of Positive Psychology
Module 2: The Second Wave of Positive Psychology
Module 3: The Sailboat Metaphor
- Lesson 1 – The 8 elements of the Sailboat Metaphor of human functioning
- Lesson 2 -The Metaphor of you as Captain of your Boat
- Lesson 3 – Ways & Benefits of using the Sailboat Metaphor
- Lesson 4 – Well-being and the Sailboat Metaphor
- Lesson 5 – Subjective & Psychological Wellbeing in the Sailboat Metaphor
Cynthia Aisha Meguid is a Well-Being - Author, Educator, Consultant & Coach. Her specialisations include: Positive Psychology Education, Personal Growth and Development, Neuro Linguistic Programming & Islamic & Spiritual Growth. 'Transformed by Values' is her latest self-improvement guidebook - https://aishameguid.com/shop/transformed-by-values/