Course Enrolment Opens: Early 2023
Some individuals have a clear vision about their life, while others feel life is aimless. Everyone has different skills in being able to plan and look ahead. Research shows how much the types of goals people set are important for their mental health, personal growth, and wellbeing than others due to better expressing one’s values, talents, needs, and motives. This course explores key principles for goal setting and goal striving, different types of motivation, and various ways to realize your goals.
- Differences between short- and long-term goals, approach and avoidance goals
- Techniques to enhance strategy development and long-term performance of goals
- Differences between learning and performance goals and end-state goals and process goals.
- Assess your level of self-efficacy (belief that you can achieve your goals) and around specific goals.
- Association between high self-efficacy, goal attainment, and commitment.
- Methods to increase your self-efficacy
- Factors that determine your aspirations and driving force
- Generating a usable roadmap to reach a desired goal and using a hope map to gain awareness of possible obstacles and ways to overcome them.
- Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation and their relationship with a flow state
- Flow and the nine factors that characterize a flow state.
- Use mental imagery and action planning techniques to promote goal achievement
- Three techniques to build habits and promote long-term achievement.
Participants are awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’, based on completing lessons within the flexible timeframe. A pass mark for each quiz per module (5 multiple choice questions/1 hour), is required for receiving the certificate.
Who This Course is for?
The course is suited to anyone who seeks a scientific approach to study wellbeing and to gain knowledge to apply positive psychology and wellbeing science principles in the various life domains, such as relationships, family, career, religion, health, etc . Please note: the courses do not carry professional accreditation.
What is Included in this Course?
This course includes:
- 60 page colour digital handout
- 30 page colour digital workbook
- Lifetime access to the course material
- Lesson video & audio presentations with Aisha Meguid
- Many exercises and activities
- Extra reading resources
*** FULL DETAILS COMING SOON ***
Module1: Motivation and Goal Achievement
Module 2: Attention & Expectancies
Module 3 Goal Motivation & Behaviour
Cynthia Aisha Meguid
Agile Project Expert
Cynthia Aisha Meguid. Well-Being - Teacher, Educator, Consultant & Coach. Positive Psychology Education, Personal Growth and Development, Neuro Linguistic Programming, Islamic & Spiritual Growth. To learn more about Aisha, please visit: www.aishameguid.com/about-aisha-well-being-education-specialist/