Course Enrolment Opens 2023
Positive psychology focuses on optimizing your positive human strengths. Rather than being concerned with weaknesses or what is wrong and how to fix problems, positive psychology seeks to identify and grow your positive characteristics that promote wellbeing. Referred to as “strengths,” these traits are explored in this course. The concept of strength is explored, alongside various skills and abilities that lead to optimal strength use. Beliefs about strengths, motivation for using strengths, and how to regulate strengths to prevents underuse or overuse are also explored.
- Various concepts and approaches to strengths and key ingredients of a strength.
- Differentiate between strengths and related concepts such as values, beliefs, interests, and talents.
- Differences in strengths, strength use, and strength development.
- Differences and similarities between realized strengths, unrealized strengths, weaknesses, and skills/learned behaviors in terms of energy, performance, and development.
- Ingredients for the cultivation of strength awareness & strength development
- Four methods for strengths assessment and their merits, validity, context etc
- Theories, beliefs and thoughts related to a growth mindset regarding strength use and development.
- Assess your mindset and exercise to help you apply the principle of a growth mindset.
- Benefits of strength use (eg. Intrinsic motivation, energy, increased wellbeing and authenticity)
- Identifying strengths, becoming aware of their daily use, identify areas for growth, and techniques to promote strengths growth.
Participants are awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’, based on completing lessons within the flexible timeframe. A pass mark for each quiz per module (5 multiple choice questions/1 hour), is required for receiving the certificate.
Who This Course is for?
The course is suited to anyone who seeks a scientific approach to study wellbeing and to gain knowledge to apply positive psychology and wellbeing science principles in the various life domains, such as relationships, family, career, religion, health, etc . Please note: the courses do not carry professional accreditation.
What is Included in this Course?
This course includes:
- 60 page colour digital handout
- 30 page colour digital workbook
- Lifetime access to the course material
- Lesson video & audio presentations with Aisha Meguid
- Many exercises and activities
- Extra reading resources
*** FULL DETAILS COMING SOON ***
Module 1: Maximizing Strengths
Module 2: Awareness of Strengths
Module 3 The benefits of strengths
Cynthia Aisha Meguid
Agile Project Expert
Cynthia Aisha Meguid. Well-Being - Teacher, Educator, Consultant & Coach. Positive Psychology Education, Personal Growth and Development, Neuro Linguistic Programming, Islamic & Spiritual Growth. To learn more about Aisha, please visit: www.aishameguid.com/about-aisha-well-being-education-specialist/