Course Enrolment Opens 2023
Suffering from low self-esteem and low self-worth is a common ailment for many people. Attempts to convince oneself of one’s worth and live up to certain standards makes it even worse. Research shows a more healthier alternative to self-esteem is self-acceptance. This course will enable the building of a healthy relationship with oneself, by increasing self-acceptance and building self-compassion.
- The concepts of ‘self-as-story’ and ‘self-as-process’, including external and internal contributing factors.
- The impact of the ‘self-as-story’ at the cognitive, behavioral, and emotional levels.
- The benefits of a balanced attention to weaknesses, how weaknesses operate at multiple levels and its impact on mental wellbeing
- Underlying thoughts in individuals with conditional and unconditional self-acceptance. The impacts of these at the cognitive, behavioral, and emotional levels.
- Differences between ‘self-esteem’ and ‘self-acceptance.’
- Purpose and thoughts underlying self-criticism and self-compassion.
- The consequences of self-criticism and the benefits of self-compassion at a cognitive, behavioral, and emotional level.
- Positive psychology techniques to: strengthen ‘self-as-process’, cultivate growth mindset regarding weaknesses and develop unconditional self-acceptance.
Participants are awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’, based on completing lessons within the flexible timeframe. A pass mark for each quiz per module (5 multiple choice questions/1 hour), is required for receiving the certificate.
Who This Course is for?
The course is suited to anyone who seeks a scientific approach to study wellbeing and to gain knowledge to apply positive psychology and wellbeing science principles in the various life domains, such as relationships, family, career, religion, health, etc . Please note: the courses do not carry professional accreditation.
What is Included in this Course?
This course includes:
- 60 page colour digital handout
- 30 page colour digital workbook
- Lifetime access to the course material
- Lesson video & audio presentations with Aisha Meguid
- Many exercises and activities
- Extra reading resources
*** FULL DETAILS COMING SOON ***
Module 1: Self-acceptance
Module 2: Weaknesses
Module 3 Self-care
Cynthia Aisha Meguid
Agile Project Expert
Cynthia Aisha Meguid. Well-Being - Teacher, Educator, Consultant & Coach. Positive Psychology Education, Personal Growth and Development, Neuro Linguistic Programming, Islamic & Spiritual Growth. To learn more about Aisha, please visit: www.aishameguid.com/about-aisha-well-being-education-specialist/