Course Enrolment Opens: 30th May, 2023
Why can resilient individuals easily bounce back from difficulties and positively manage demands of the situation. The study of psychological resilience seeks to understand why some individuals can easily handle or even thrive from difficulties in life. This course addresses the concept of resilience and discusses various important skills and abilities that have been evidenced as promoting resilience. The extent to which attention is focused on positive and negative events, the interpretation of those events, different ways individuals deal with them, and their motivation are explored.
- Define resilience, elements of resilience within and beyond our control.
- Assess your level of resilience.
- Concepts of negativity and positivity bias and their impact on wellbeing.
- How interpretations (appraisals) of events, rather than the events themselves, cause emotions.
- Different forms of appraisal associated with higher levels of resilience
- Optimism and its benefits at the cognitive, behavioral, and emotional levels.
- Four major strategies for dealing with negative events
- Four key coping styles – factors, benefits and costs
- Strategies to increase coping styles
- Recognizing your limits of control
- Increase resilience and coping by using positive psychology techniques
Participants are awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’, based on completing lessons within the flexible timeframe. A pass mark for each quiz per module (5 multiple choice questions/1 hour), is required for receiving the certificate.
Who This Course is for?
The course is suited to anyone who seeks a scientific approach to study wellbeing and to gain knowledge to apply positive psychology and wellbeing science principles in the various life domains, such as relationships, family, career, religion, health, etc . Please note: the courses do not carry professional accreditation.
What is Included in this Course?
This course includes:
- 60 page colour digital handout
- 30 page colour digital workbook
- Lifetime access to the course material
- Lesson video & audio presentations with Aisha Meguid
- Many exercises and activities
- Extra reading resources
*** FULL DETAILS COMING SOON ***
Module 1: Realizing Resilience
Module 2: Positive & Negative Events
Module 3 Coping with Positive and Negative Events
Cynthia Aisha Meguid
Agile Project Expert
Cynthia Aisha Meguid. Well-Being - Teacher, Educator, Consultant & Coach. Positive Psychology Education, Personal Growth and Development, Neuro Linguistic Programming, Islamic & Spiritual Growth. To learn more about Aisha, please visit: www.aishameguid.com/about-aisha-well-being-education-specialist/